- Wine type: Albana di Romagna
- Grapes: 100% Albana (Gentile clone)
- Area of Origin: Bertinoro
- Vineyards: Maestrina-Fratta
- Produced bottles: 10.000 bott.
- Vine-grown-surface: 2.00 ha
- Exposure: North-east and south-east
- Soil: Franco clay loam with good presence of active limestone
- Oenologist: Casadei Emanuele
- Planting density: 5.000 plants per hectare
- Training system: upside-down
- Production per ha: 6.500 kg per ha, 4.225 lt. wine
- Colour: Golden with light copper glares
- Bouquet: Ripe orange stone fruit, apricot scents
- Taste: sweet, supported by good acidity, with good persistence and structure
- Food match: Fruit tarts, tea cakes, cheese
- Alcohol strenght: 9.12 % vol.
- Total alcohol strenght: 14.29 % vol.
- Residual sugar: 86.2 gr/lt
- Net dry extract: 106 gr/lt
- Total acidity: 5.7 gr/lt
- Volatile acidity: 0.26 gr/lt
- Sulphurous: 48 mg/lt
- Free Sulphurous: 35 mg/lt
2021 VINTAGE FEATURES
Albana is a great variety; we are in love with it even though it can be mischievous.
In fact, apart from drought-related problems, it suffered from floral abortion and yield was further reduced.
However, we will take comfort in sipping a rich, mellow wine supported by vibrant acidity. For this reason, apart from pairings with chocolate and desserts, it is also a special match with cheese.